Monday, May 17, 2010

Kensington Gardens and Oliver

Yet another excellent day in London.
This morning, I went with some girls to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park to explore. It was beautiful... we walked probably 5 miles at least across the acres of grass and trees. We stopped at the lake and watched the swans, we saw puppies frolicking, and we found (and took way too many photos with) the Peter Pan statue and the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain. The park was so tranquil and peaceful.

I feel like people here are so much healthier than in the States because of the lifestyle. You walk everywhere, you buy food from meal to meal, you don't eat fast food, and you never sit still. I feel like I never want to stay in the flat because I don't want to miss a thing in this city. And even though it's annoying to go to the market like every day, it makes you so much more conscious about your food choices and the money you spend. I feel like this is the kind of life I want to have after college, living in a big city like London.

It was Danielle's birthday, so tonight we went for dinner at this place called Yo Sushi (it's a London chain I think?). The restaurant has a conveyor belt that wraps around the booths, and you take what you want off the belt to eat. It was kind of scary at first because I had no idea what I was eating, but it ended up being pretty fun. Tonight was another theater night for our group: Oliver! It was SO GOOD. I didn't realize how many of the songs I remembered from my childhood. It was a great show.

Off to work tomorrow! Good night everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment