Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catch up

So I promised to blog every day, and that's not working out too well... but if it's because I am so busy having fun, I'm okay with that. Here's a little catch up on what I've been up to since Thursday:

1) Thursday: I went to cover an event for work, and ended up getting lost in London. I made it to the event a minute before it started and my editor was understanding, so it all worked out. I also wrote my first real story... look for it online next week!

2) Friday: We had our first class, International Reporting. Our instructor is a 20 year vet of the BBC and he seems great. We have a lot of big projects for the class, including an article, a group presentation, a research paper and a multimedia project. I am kind of bummed because I had wanted to spend most of my time this summer learning by exploring the city, but oh well. Friday night we went to a pub in the financial district, and got hit on by 40 year old men. It was really bizarre, people are so open here with PDA and blatant flirting... something to get used to?

3) Saturday: I went to the Tate Modern with my flat mates and LOVED it. It was so cool to see art from all my favorite artists... Monet, Picasso, Miro, Mondrian... aahh I was geeking out so much. I took some awesome pictures, look for them soon! We also walked over the Millennium Bridge and explored downtown London. We also spontaneously bought tickets to see Third Eye Blind perform in a theater in the suburbs of London, and it ended up being a lot of fun! It turns out that the British LOVE Third Eye Blind and sing the lyrics very loudly and off key. The only issue was that the map made the venue look a lot closer to our flat, but it was actually an hour's walk. Next time, we take the tube for sure!

4) Today: We went to Covent Gardens, to the street market. There were so many cute vendors and the streets were winding and so packed. Unfortunately, we made a rookie mistake: we didn't bring an umbrella, so we got absolutely soaked to the bone walking home. I won't do that again!

I love London and am having a great time. This week flew by... I hope the rest of this trip doesn't go by so fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment