Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oxford and wrapping up London

It's hard to believe that it is my last week in London! It still feels like I just got here, and here I am, completely adjusted to work and life and not ready to go home. Here's what I've been up to since my last post.

On Sunday, MJ, Chrissy and I took the bus to the college town of Oxford. I didn't realize that there is not one "Oxford University": rather, it is a bunch of smaller colleges and universities in one system. The oldest school was founded in 1249, which puts our college system to shame! We spent most of the day wandering around the streets and looking at the beautiful stone buildings. The streets of Oxford lead down to a river, where people lounge on the banks and rent punting boats. We also stumbled into a beautiful rose garden- I was hesitant to go in at first, but luckily MJ made us, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

This week I have been wrapping things up at work and trying to get some of the last minute souvenirs I meant to buy this whole trip. I also finished my 1,500 research paper last night! The whole thing was quite inconvenient because it took up the time we could have been actually exploring the city, but it's over now and I can finally enjoy a school-free summer. I also have to tame the beast that is packing... I'm not quite sure how I got everything over here in the first place!

I will miss London, but I think I am ready for some actual summer relaxation. No doubt I'll be bored in a week without a large, vibrant city to entertain me, but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment